Standing athwart history yelling, "Slow down, you'll hit a young mother crossing the street on her way to the organic co-op with her dual-child stroller!"

Monday, September 8, 2008

Atomic Wings Coming to the Slope

As a lover of wings, I couldn't be more excited about this news - I don't think I've ever actually had Atomic Wings, but frankly, I can't really imagine they'll be bad.

Unlike cheeseburgers, chicken wings are a junk food about which no one can accuse me of being a snob. The only ways to ruin a chicken wing, for my money, is to overcook them. Beyond that, I really couldn't care less if they have too much or too little batter, or if they're a little small, or any of the other complaints that can be found on foodie message boards. Some people in New York will complain about anything, particularly food-related, but chicken wings should not be one of them. These are not a gourmet food by any stretch of the imagination, and they should not be treated as such.

You can keep your Bonnie's wings, I've had them, and they're no different than the vast majority of other wings out there. Buffalo Wild Wings? Same thing, they're fine, but I ain't traveling to Atlantic Avenue for chicken wings and shoddy service. Atomic Wings will be closer to me than both of the options currently available to me for wings, and it will undoubtedly be quicker. So welcome!

No comments: