Standing athwart history yelling, "Slow down, you'll hit a young mother crossing the street on her way to the organic co-op with her dual-child stroller!"

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rangel on His Way Out?

PELOSI PUSHES RANGEL TO STEP DOWN FROM COMMITTEE CHAIR from the NYPost, via JammieWearingFool

It can't happen soon enough. Although having said that, the longer this fool hangs around as a symbol of his party, the better for the Republicans. I worked for several months as a Congressional intern in the House back when I was in college, and the office I was in was directly across from Rangel's. Whatever I thought of his politics, the guy was one of the friendliest, most gregarious people I've ever met. It's easy to see how he's stuck around so long, despite his numerous gaffes and scandals and his ridiculously liberal policies. But Charlie Rangel is the best argument for Congressional term limits that I could ever think of, and the sooner he's gone, the better, for everyone involved.

No comments: