Standing athwart history yelling, "Slow down, you'll hit a young mother crossing the street on her way to the organic co-op with her dual-child stroller!"

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happiness Is...

...the new Five Guys Burgers and Fries location that just opened in Park Slope, on 7th Ave!

After months of anticipation, the chain burger joint, sorta the East Coast's answer to In-N-Out Burger, opened a mere ten minute walk from my apartment. Glorious.

I got my dinner from Five Guys on Sunday night, a Cheeseburger with ketchup, pickles, and fried mushrooms, and a Regular Cajun Fries. The requisite Costco-size boxes of peanuts were everywhere, but the shells had yet to litter the floor. I even saw one patron, while waiting for his order, neatly sweep his empty shells into his hand and then place them into a garbage can. Park Slope is so different than Manhattan.

I took my order home, at which point the brown paper sack had taken on a wonderfully grease-stained appearance, due in large part to the extra helping of fries that the counter people dump into the bag on top of your food, one of my favorite aspects of the place. Can never have too many french fries. Especially Cajun-seasoned fries. With malt vinegar. The food was what I expected, greasy and delicious, a definite step above McDonald's, but below my current favorite burger in Park Slope, the Sirloin Burger from Miracle Grill, also on 7th. But that's another post.

Welcome to the neighborhood, Five Guys. Welcome.

For my next burger tasting, I've got my sites set
on this tasty looking sign, newly arrived on 5th Ave:















Unfortunately, the visit was not all peaches and sunshine, as you can read below...

No comments: