Standing athwart history yelling, "Slow down, you'll hit a young mother crossing the street on her way to the organic co-op with her dual-child stroller!"

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pizza by the Park Replacement?

When I first moved into Park Slope almost three years ago, I quickly became a big fan of Pizza by the Park, on 3rd St. It was convenient, relatively cheap, made good meatball hoagies, tasty chicken fingers, great salads, and had some decent toppings. It was perfect for grabbing a quick couple slices on the way home. Unfortunately, it was closed down by the health department a number of months ago, and the store front has stood vacant since then. I'm guessing that pretty much every restaurant in the city would fail a random health inspection for one reason or another, and as long as there's nothing wrong with my food and I don't actually witness any blatant violations, I'm happy. So the roomies and I have definitely missed Pizza by the Park.

Now, finally, it appears there will be a new restaurant in its place, next to the Stone Park Cafe. The new tenant is called Villa Rustica, and appears to be a slightly more upscale Italian eatery, advertising Brick Oven Pizza, which can't be a bad thing. Still, doesn't look like it's going to be a "grab a slice and go" kinda place, which is disappointing, but hey, it's better than nothing. I'm sure I'll check it out soon after it opens, and there'll be a full report at that time...

No comments: